Friday, May 27, 2011

Girls on the Run

 Ashleigh once again this year participated in Girls on the Run. She has a lot of fun with the program and I think the messages are great for building the girl's self esteem. This picture is right before the race began, Avery who is in the middle is Ashleigh's best friend. These two are literally connected at the hip. The other girl is Elise, she joined us during the run along with Avery, since neither of them had a parent participating. The all have the head bands because their team was called the ninjas.
Yes this is me and Ash after the race. She really wanted me to run with her this year so I of course couldn't disappoint her and said yes. We had a great time, and I was really proud of her. She and I ran the whole time except for 3 very brief power walks (less than a minute) for her to re catch her breath, and our time came in at around 40 minutes, not too bad for my first 5K, and Ash's short legs :) You can't tell by the picture but it started raining half way through the race, and we are both soaked, and I am so tired I apparently can't even keep my eyes open for a picture! Next year will be Ashleigh's final year and we are both looking forward to it. Avery's mom is planning on running with us, and Ash thinks it's so cool that Grandma is considering running too!

1 comment: