Monday, April 12, 2010

No "Champagning"

The other day Ashleigh said the funniest thing to us. Ashleigh and John were talking about when she gets older and of course the dating thing came up and John was going on and on about how she isn't going to be able to date until shes 30. Of course Ash is like whatever Dad and then they kept on at each other. Then Ashleigh says well Dad " You are not going to be champagning." Both John and I are like what do you mean by no champagning, and she kept saying you are not going to be champagning, we still didn't get it so we asked her to elaborate on what she meant and finally she says no champagning at my prom. This is when I finally got it, John still was confused, so I said do you mean no chaperoning at your prom, and she answered me with a yes, but with a tone that sounded like Duh, my parents are so dumb! Well once that was figured out of course John wanted to get her even more wound up and was like I will be chaperoning or you won't go to prom. I am sure this fight will never end, but at least we don't have to worry about how she knows about champagne at least for now she says I can't have that, good girl just keep remembering that Ash!

No comments:

Post a Comment