Tuesday, April 13, 2010

A New Haircut

Okay so last week Carter had left out a pair of scissors, and Hannah got a hold of them, and cut her hair. I have to say she did a good job since I didn't even notice until Carter found the hair on the floor. Well, it wasn't a catastrophe, I was able to hide the area by putting her hair in a pony or Barret.

So this morning I am in the shower and Ash and Carter were getting ready for school, and Hannah was watching cartoons (or so we thought). I come down stairs and look at Hannah and realize she has cut her hair again, but this time its bad! There were absolutely no scissors within her reach, but she was so determined to get them that she got a chair, opened the computer cabinet, and then used the chair to get her high enough to then use the shelves as stairs. So needless to say she got the scissors just like she wanted.

I didn't know how to react I wanted to laugh, scream, and cry. Carter took care of the laughing, I yelled, and Ash just says it will be okay Mom, yeah right. I couldn't do anything about the cut then I had to get the kids to school and get to the doctor, so I put a headband in her hair and it disguised it pretty well. So this afternoon I have now fixed the cut, I have to say it's not my favorite, but I had very few options so I did the best I could, and hopefully it will grow fast! By the way the pictures do not do justice to how bad it really is.

THE BEFORE

front view (not too bad maybe needs bangs now!)
Notice she seems pretty happy with what she has done, she had absolutely no remorse.


The right side




The left side ( she seems to think that mullets are still in style)

Thank goodness she couldn't reach the back or I'm sure that would have been cut too

The new cut, the bangs had to be so short to blend, yuck!





2 comments:

  1. I LOVE HER HAIR...I think its cute. Not bad at ALL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my! I am so thankful my kids have yet to attempt this! I am dreading it. Hannah still looks adorable!
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete