Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Potty Mouth


Since John has graduated the police academy his language has been less than desirable. He is much better than he was but still every other sentence usually contains a swear word. I guess its a hard habit to break when you spend 17+ weeks being sworn at by your superiors.


Anyway we have been having a little trouble with Hannah repeating some of these words after John has said them. Not only does she repeat what John says she also repeats after my Dad too. The men in her life are not the best language role models.


Okay so when she repeats the words, we try not to overreact (or laugh) and then tell her its naughty to say and then we move on, no problem, right? let me just say WRONG!


The other day Hannah is upstairs with me, I'm at the computer and she is in my room watching Dora. She then decides she wants to be with me so she picks up her blankie and marches over to the bedroom door, walks out and proceeds to shut the door. In the process of her shutting the door she manages to shut her blankie in the door. And then it happens; all of a sudden I hear her scream and then she says DAM IT. I couldn't believe it I was so shocked I couldn't say anything. I just looked at her, and all she did was smile at me, like it was no big deal. So not only does she repeat the words, she also has an understanding of what context to use them in, what am I going to do? I completely blame this on John and my Dad so it is going to be up to them to be better examples.

I don't know how good they will be a being better examples though, because they just giggle when she repeats a word, because she is so darn cute and her little munchkin voice makes it funny to hear. I will agree she is just too cute, but the language is not funny!

No comments:

Post a Comment