Monday, March 8, 2010

It's Mine Again!!!

John started his new job this weekend. It's not yet a police officer job to start his certification, but as John say "a stepping stone in the right direction." Anyway today I have to say I absolutely loved that John was not around, sorry Hun (technically he was, but he was sleeping because he works 3rd shift) I have my house back to do things the way I want. I was able to stack the dishwasher the "right way", KEEP THINGS PICKED UP AND TIDY (that's right John I discovered you actually make a lot of the mess, not the kids) and most of all I was able to accomplish everything on my to do list today, because I had no distractions!

I shouldn't be so happy, because John has been a tremendous help while he's been home, but I am ocd and a clean freak so I have always done the house work and loved it. I was so giddy today to be able to do everything my self and my way. With this happiness comes some struggle too. Hannah has her Daddy wrapped around her finger, and I think she gets her way when it's just her and Dad so she and I had some struggles, but she quickly caught on to I am the one she got that strong will from and I have mastered it more than her and she eventually gave in. She actually took a nap today, Yeah!

I don't know how long this will last, but I will enjoy it for as long as I can. We received some very good news this past weekend that it looks as if John will probably be hired in April to start at Kalamazoo County, and this will be a fantastic job and will start his certification. So I'm keeping my fingers crossed because as we have learned from the past nothing is for sure until you have a start date. So if he does land this job and works the 4 -midnight shift like they expect he will, he will be home during the day again and I will once again have to bite my tongue and be grateful for the help.

1 comment:

  1. Sara! Lovin' the blog! Love the pictures by the way! Adorable! Thanks for being such a great friend!

    ReplyDelete