Monday, May 10, 2010

Happy Birthday Carter!

Yesterday was Carter's 7th birthday, he was so excited! (I have to say with it also being mother's day, I got a bit jipped). We went to Colonial Kitchen for breakfast it's his favorite for breakfast. Aunt Tricia and Grandma surprised him and joined us. The night before he spent the night at his friends house, whose birthday also happens to be the same day as Carter. At dinner time we went over to Grandma and Grandpa's for dinner and to celebrate with the extended family. Carter wanted burritos, he likes the nasty pre made frozen ones, yuck! I also made homemade burritos for the rest of us, yummy! Overall it was a great day (we played hookie from church and just hung out all day). Finally at the end of the day he remembered it was mothers day and gave me a big hug and kiss, and said he was sorry he forgot. These are the moments that make being a mother special!





This is the cake I made for him (can you tell I don't decorate a lot of cakes) originally I had ordered a cake from Sam's with a chopper on it, but he was not happy with that idea he wanted me to make this one, so needless to say I canceled the order and made him the one he wanted. (Sonja thanks for letting me borrow your stuff, Carter didn't want it to fancy though)



He got walkie talkies and we heard those things non stop all day, what were we thinking? At least he didn't sit in front of the playstation all day playing his new games. He also enjoyed riding his new scooter in the house until I put an end to that and sent him outside! He was so excited to get a new scooter his broke last summer in June so he shared with Ashleigh all summer and that didn't go so well!


We love you Carter and can't wait to see what the next year brings our way!

2 comments:

  1. He is So cute. Love that kid! Your cake was GREAT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the cake! You are a great decorator.

    ReplyDelete